- Guilt free sweet treat when an occasion requires it with a good source of protein. Vegan, gluten & dairy free. Enjoy
- 6 scoops (80g) Tri Blend Select Coffee Caramel
- 130g pitted dates soaked overnight in cold water or for 10 minutes in boiling water
- 150g ground almonds
- 4 tablespoons (40g) cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil (coconut or olive oil would work too)
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 80ml unsweetened almond drink (or any other plant based drink)
Nutrients per serving*
kcal: 247, Protein: 10g, Fat: 16g, Carbohydrate: 15g, Fibre: 1.5g
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- Use a food processor or blender to whizz the dates with 150ml of the soaking water into a smooth puree.
- Add the pureed dates in a bowl along with the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer into a greased 7-inch cake tin and smooth it out.
- Bake in oven for approximately 20 minutes – the torte will firm up when cooled. Keep covered in the fridge for up to few days.