- This cake is an amazing harmony of two lovely flavours: chocolate and orange, whilst being high in protein. The combination of avocado and cocoa gives a delicious frosting that is healthy and satisfying.
- 2 medium eggs,
- 1 serving (50g) Herbalife 24 Rebuild Strength,
- 75 g gluten free flour
- 1 serving (28g) Protein Drink Mix
- 15g cocoa powder
- 1 orange
- 100gr unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
For the frosting:
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 serving (28g) of Protein Drink Mix
- 1/2 serving (13g) Formula 1 Chocolate
- 25g cocoa powder
- 20ml water to thin if required
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Zest the orange then remove and discard peel. Blend the peeled orange, orange zest, apple sauce and eggs in a food processor for 2 minutes until the orange is well pureed.
- Add the Herbalife 24 Rebuild Strength, PDM, cocoa powder and flour and blen for a further 2 minutes until well-mixed, scraping down the ides to ensure everything is incorporated. Add the teaspoon of baking powder and blend for 30 seconds until well-mixed.
- Line the base and sides of a 6″ springform tin with baking paper and pour in the cake batter. Cook for 22-28 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes clean. Take out and leave to cool down completely.
- For the frosting, de-stone the avocado, scoop the flesh into a processor, add the orange juice and blend until smooth and light, add PDM, Formula 1 Chocolate and cocoa powder and blend until you have a smooth, light pipe-able frosting consistency adding 20ml of water to thin the mixture if required.
- Once the cake has cooled, slice horizontally through the middle of the cake and remove the top half and move to the side.
- Using a palette knife spread roughly a third of the frosting on the bottom layer and place top layer back on. Frost the top of the cake using the remaining two thirds of the frosting.
Tips: To make the apple sauce, peel, core and dice an eating apple. Simmer in a saucepan for 10-15 minutes until the apple has softened, drain but reserve the cooking water. Once cool, mash well or blend in a food processor adding cooking water until you have a thick sauce consistency.
Nutritional value per serving: Kcal 169, Protein 11(g) Fat 6(g) Carbohydrates 17(g) Sugars 7(g) Fibre 1(g)