I rarely write about a specific product, but this is a worthy exception and a true love at first “sight” before I even tried it. The mere concept of it had me at “hello”…
As you may have noticed, there is a growing movement towards natural, organic, plant based and planet & animal friendly foods. Quite rightly, a trend that is here to stay.
However, most times when one is trying to create a product that is both nourishing and one that also takes care of animal welfare as well as reduces its impact on the environment and climate change – there is a compromise on taste and/ or quality.
Current Marketplace Challenges:
- Many self-proclaimed “clean label” products do contain artificial ingredients
- Many products are not complete sources of protein, which means they do not contain full spectrum of amino acids making them ineffective in supporting lean muscle mass, satiety or immune system support
- Clean label/ all natural products in this category generally have just an average nutritional profile
- These products are known to lack flavour and variety.
- Consumers need to compromise on flavour or quality of nutrients
- They often contain fillers which have no consumer benefit
It started with a Mission: To make the best wellness shake on the planet
So, when Herbalife nutrition set to create an uncompromising wellness shake in order to serve more discerning consumer – it had a quite a task ahead!
And, after much investment in time, effort, research and expertise – Tri Blend Select wellness shake was created as Herbalife Nutrition’s latest complete protein wellness shake that is indeed 100% uncompromising.
Its carefully sourced natural and, wherever possible, organic ingredients deliver optimal nutrition whilst it tastes great and is also suitable for vegans.
To achieve the goal of creating the socially responsible, best-in-class product that offers advanced nutrition, the key was in getting the best possible ingredients with the best possible grade for each of the ingredients like organic flax seed from Canadian prairies which are some of the highest quality fibre-rich, Omega 3-packed fax seed in the world…
The Story of Tri Blend Select
Tri Blend Select is a very special product – a combination of the people, the places and the philosophy that makes it rather unique.
The communities Herbalife Nutrition works with to create Tri Blend Select have been farming in the same area, in the same way, for hundreds of years.
Their expert knowledge has been passed on through the generations of farmers who not only grow the best produce, but also nurture their ancestral land and protect the environment.
As a result, local habitats are respected and protected. Pesticides and fertilisers are kept to a minimum. And, in turn, the land continue to yield healthy produce and support future generations.
One of four main protein sources in Tri Blend Select comes from peas. It is easy to digest and has a lower allergy risk than common protein sources such as soy and dairy. Peas are knows for their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, they support blood sugar regulation and a healthy heart. Our peas come from France (golden peas) where they have been cultivated for thousands of years and considered to be of the best quality available.
Flax seed (Linseed) is traditionally used to relieve abdominal discomfort, but it also has some other hidden superpowers: it is high in alpha linolenic acids (Omega 3), as well as being high in protein, fibre and minerals like phosphorus, which works with calcium to build strong bones.
When cultivated in colder climate, its Omega 3 and iodine values become super-charged. That is why our flax seed is sourced from Canada, for its super quality as well as dedication and expertise of the local producers.
It is highly nutritious and richer in protein, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals, like copper and molybdenum, than other grains. It is also gluten free. Herbalife Nutrition works with family farms in Colombia in South America (Andes) who have been producing and preserving native quinoa for generations. Their commitment results in the highest quality source of quinoa in the world.
COCONUT BLOSSOM NECTAR
Coconut sugar is made from the juice of the flowers of the sub-tropical coconut palm. Flowers juice is collected, heated on wood fire and what is left is aromatic caramel-like substance. Our source of coconut blossom nectar in Tri Blend Select comes all the way from an organic farm in Indonesia where farmers still use the traditional methods without the need to add anything artificial.
CHICORY ROOT: INULIN
The compound from chicory root, inulin, is added to many common foods because it can boost its texture, giving some sweetness and providing extra fibre. Inulin also reduces LDL “bad” cholesterol. Inulin in Tri Blend Select comes from chicory root farms in Belgium and Netherlands, selected for the consistently high quality produce.
Rice was first domesticated in China and incredible thing about it is that rice protein powder contains over 80% protein that is rich in two amino acids: cysteine and methionine. Rice protein, together with quinoa, flax and pea protein in the right ratios make Tri Blend Select a source of complete, nutritious, vegan source of protein, which is the key for our lean muscle mass, immunity and satiety.
Our rice comes from south-eastern China where high temperatures and plentiful of rainfall create perfect environment for growth of the highest quality rice in the world.
Oat contains a fiesta of nutritional compounds, including soluble fibre beta-glucans, which have been shown to reduce blood cholesterol and glucose absorption. Our oats come across Europe from pioneering oat farmers and are superior in quality, nutritional value, freshness and flavour.
Acerola cherries are packed with nutrition, containing 37 times more vitamin C than the equivalent amount of oranges. They are naturally low in calories, rich in iron and antioxidant properties. Our Acerola cherries come from the lush orchards of north-eastern Brazil where they are organically farmed and carefully harvested by hand. Its farmers have created a naturally balanced ecosystem that brings the highest fruit yields whilst respecting the local area.
The stevia plant is native to South America where it was first consumed over 200 years ago when the indigenous people used the plant leaves to sweeten their beverages or chew them as a sweet treat.
The naturally present sweetening components of stevia are 200-300 times sweeter than sugar and do not contain any calories. It also has low Glyceamic Index. This makes it a perfect choice for Tri Star Blend. Our Stevia comes from trusted farmers across Asia where it has been grown for centuries.
Tri Blend Select – Natural Nutrition at its finest
TriBlend Select is made out of very selected ingredients and is aimed even at customers that are selective about ingredients in general.
It is ideal for those that already lead a healthy, active and holistic lifestyle, read labels and prefer products with “clean labels”, have generally more nutrition knowledge and see nutrition as an investment in their health, so are less concerned about the cost, but appreciate the value and quality.
Tri Blend Select Benefits
- 100% Vegan
- Blend of Pea, Quinoa, Flax seed & Rice Proteins
- Best in class provenance: Contains only 12 high quality, organic, naturally sourced, simple to understand ingredients sourced from around the world: not the cheapest, but ingredients with the very best nutritional profile that we could find
- Low in sugar: Low Glyceamic sugar sources Coconut Blossom and Stevia.
- 20 gr of protein per serving: Complete Protein source with all the essential amino acids
- No added colours or artificial flavours
- High in fibre (6 gr per serving)
- All the vitamins and minerals present come from natural food ingredients that Tri Blend Select contains (Vitamin C and 7 other vitamins and minerals)
- No preservatives, GMOs or allergens such as soy and dairy or gluten
6 WAYS TO USE TRI BLEND SELECT
- Use as a healthy snack on the go – 3 scoops in water and you are ready to go!
- Enjoy after exercise as the perfect post-workout recovery drink and as a delicious reward for your efforts!
- The perfect shake to accompany your lunch-time salad: extra protein, fibre and nutrition
- Mix with oats, seeds, berries and yoghurt for nice and easy Overnight oats – perfect for a personalised breakfast!
- Mix with your favourite Formula 1 for a great meal replacement at any time of the day!
- Ideal for baking – from crunch cookies to power packed protein balls
RECIPES YOU COULD TRY
Peanut Protein Flapjack Bites
Serves: 6/ Prep time: 5 minutes/ Cook time: 2 minutes
Ingredients: 30 g Herbalife Tri Blend, 100 g rolled oats, 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter, 1 tbsp agave nectar, 120 ml almond milk (or other plant-based milk),
- Grease a 6-holed cupcake tin and preheat your oven to 180 C.
- Combine the Tri-Blend with the rolled oats. Mix in the peanut butter, agave nectar and dairy-free milk. Mix until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the tin and place in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes, or until golden.
Nutritional information per serving:
Energy (kcal) : 107.7/ Fat: 2.9/ Carbohydrate: 15.1/ Sugars: 2.8/ Fibre: 2.7/ Protein: 5.5
Chocolate, Pistachio & Coconut Protein Bark
Serves: 6/ Prep time: 5 minutes, plus 30 minutes freezing time/ Cook time: 2 minutes
Ingredients: 30 g Tri Blend Select, 50 g cocoa powder, 50 g coconut oil, 50 ml almond milk, 1 tbsp coconut flakes (5g), 1 tbsp chopped pistachios (10g)
- Place the coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and place in the microwave on a medium heat for 2 minutes, or until melted. Stir to combine.
- Combine the Herbalife tri-protein, cocoa powder and milk with the melted coconut oil.
- Line a tray with parchment paper and press the mixture into the tray. Sprinkle over the coconut flakes and chopped pistachios and transfer the tray to the freezer for 30 minutes before eating.
Optional: Sprinkle with edible rose petals for garnish.
Nutritional information per serving: Energy (kcal) : 126.7/ Fat: 10.7/ Carbohydrate: 7.0/ Sugars: 1.3/ Fibre: 4.1/ Protein: 4.6
Order Today Tri Blend Select
Whether you are already Herbalife Nutrition happy customer or completely new to our products and product ranges, Tri Blend Select is a product that can fit into everyone’s lifestyle as a healthy addition to your healthy snacking, recovery after exercise, breakfast or any other meal or to boost protein and fibre of your favourite baking products and make them more balanced…
Free Wellness Evaluation
If you would like to find out how balanced your current diet it, how Tri Blend could fit in your lifestyle in order to boost your wellness as well as what other changes and supplements would benefit you, free Online Wellness Test or a FREE 1-2-1 Wellness Evaluation with me is highly recommended…