- Fancy a treat? Heck, we do! These gluten-free Peanut Butter Slices are packed with flavour and all the protein-rich goodness of Tri Blend Select Protein shake mix Coffee Caramel flavour. Make up a batch and dive in when you need a little pick me up.
(makes 10 slices)
For the base
- 60 ml coconut oil, melted
- 100 g coconut flour
- 50 ml maple syrup
For the filling
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 scoops (27g) Tri Blend Select Protein shake mix Coffee Caramel flavour
For the chocolate layer
- 50 g vegan dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
Nutritional value per serving:
To make the biscuit base
Preheat the oven to 180C | Gas mark 4. Line a small baking tray with baking parchment and set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients to form a soft dough.
Place the dough in the tin, pressing with the back of a spoon to form a smooth level base.
Bake in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes or until golden. The dough will be very crumbly and fragile when it comes out. Let it cool completely before removing from the tin.
To make the filling
In a bowl, simply combine the peanut butter, salt and protein powder Tri Blend –Select- Protein shake mix. You may want to microwave the peanut butter for 30-50 seconds first to make it easier to mix.
Once combined, pour the mixture over the cool biscuit base. Place in the freezer for around 15 minutes to set.
Place chopped chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between each until melted. Stir in the coconut oil.
Pour the chocolate mixture over the top of the set peanut butter layer. Return to the freezer for at least 10 minutes. Once set, cut into squares and store in the fridge.